A journey through ACL surgery and recovery with sarcasm, wittiness, graphic details, humor, and postive reminders.

Friday, April 20, 2012

My Rocky Relationship with a Stationary Bike...

Everyone has told me that the most important part of rehab before and after surgery is the stationary bike. Since I am temporarily not going to physical therapy anymore-- thanks again to BCBS, I have commenced to exercising at home. Thanks to a friend, I now have a stationary bike to enjoy in the comfort of my living room... while watching horrible TV.

Up until the last few days, I had been doing 10 minutes on the bike at a steady pace. I decided that I was in control of my own outcome, so I am pushing it up as much as I can. A few days ago I switched to 15 minutes, then 20, and last night... 25! It may not seem like a lot, but it sure feels like a lot.

At 10 minutes, I am feeling good, waiting for Giuliana and Bill, Dance Moms, or Big Rich Texas to come back on (please note: horrible TV), and this is typically how I am looking. Please not that on the old pain chart my face is a "0" and on the new updated pain chart, a "1ish":


Now let's fast forward to 20 minutes. As Dane Cook would say-- Here comes an entirely different Oprah (insert:chrissy)... not so fun.... not so carefree.


Back to the pain chart! This face would be like a level 6 on the old chart and a level 3 on the new chart-- thus again showing that the pain chart is stupid. How was I actually feeling? Not so great... but then Kyle says is it a work through the pain hurt or a I need to stop hurt? It's a work through the pain hurt. Take THAT useless chart.

"At this very moment, God’s working behind the scenes in your life, arranging things in your favor. Stay in faith!" -Joel Osteen

No comments:

Post a Comment