A journey through ACL surgery and recovery with sarcasm, wittiness, graphic details, humor, and postive reminders.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can't go anywhere until you change it.

I'm 2 weeks post op. 
My knee looks 100 times better than I thought it would. 
The constant pain is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. 
The crutches don't hurt my armpits like they did pre surgery. 
My cankle is normal cankle size. 
The swelling is there, but it could be way worse. 
My wounds are healing. 
I am proud of my scar.
I stopped taking ibuprofin PM to sleep last night.
I did 5 full revolutions on the stationary bike last night.
I did partial revolutions for 20 minutes.
I start PT tomorrow, and I can't wait to get my ass kicked. No pain no gain.
I can put 100% weight on my new ACL.

Let's not pretend I am positive all the time. I am by nature a negative person. I am making a conscious effort to change that, because... if I don't try and stay positive, I will never get better. I am allowed a break down now and then, but I can't waste all my time complaining and feeling bad for myself. People have it worse than me. People I know have it worse than me. I have no business complaining. I will cry and whine at weak moments, but as a whole, it is what I make it. I need to push myself... which I've been doing. I need to work my ass off.



No comments:

Post a Comment