A journey through ACL surgery and recovery with sarcasm, wittiness, graphic details, humor, and postive reminders.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The toilet is a complicated creature.

I'm doing it. I'm talking about the toilet. I steered clear of the topic while on drugs. I even left another 2 weeks just in case I was still drug induced enough to say something horribly innappropriate. But it is time. Going pee used to be so freaking easy. Who knew that at the peak of my 29th year of age, I would have such difficulty using a simple household item. To clarify, my kidneys are just fine-- but physically sitting on a toilet is a whole different ball game. 
Problem 1: Crutching myself into a narrow bathroom. I have to do the newly named by me "crutch side step". God forbid a room can be wide enough for me to face it head on. Nope. I need to crutch side step to get to the stupid toilet.
Problem 2: Lowering myself to the toilet. Squatting on one leg while keeping my other leg straight is bad enough. Then add in the fact that the bath tub is located directly in front.... so I can't put my leg out straight. Now I have to do a diagonal squat lean to the right. Perfect.
Problem 3: Getting off the toilet. Grab whatever I can, pull myself up. If anything positive comes from this situation, I hope that it is a stronger core and better ab muscles. Body builder style. Yea I'm sure that will happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment