A journey through ACL surgery and recovery with sarcasm, wittiness, graphic details, humor, and postive reminders.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4 weeks.

Today it has been 4 weeks since surgery. In some ways it feels more like 20, in other ways it feels like it has been 1 or 2. I can't believe how well healed my wounds are! They look really good still. I have been puncturing vitamin E oil capsules and squirting it on my cuts. Many people swear by this to eliminate scarring. I also read that it is a complete myth. Since I am gullible, and since I have nothing to lost by using it, I might as well keep at it. I will try anything!

Here is what my knee looks like at 4 weeks (the shiny stuff is the vitamin E):


I am going to PT tonight with some questions:
when can go in a pool? (because it sure as hell isn't fun watching your husband and dog frolic in the water while you sweat into disgustingness)
when do you think i will be able to wear high heels (judging from internet research, 1 year-  but im hoping for a better sooner answer)
can we kick up my motion exercises a notch? (i dont feel like I am in enough pain in that aspect- my hamstring/quad PT is kicking my ass, but I feel like I need to stay on the motion aspect and be pushed)

Next Friday I have my follow up with Dr. A- where he will decide if I can stop wearing the immobilizer and test me on my quad/hamstring strength, which when I eventually pass will result in no more crutches- but I Have been informed I will not be passing next week in the crutch category.

I have a very challenging weekend coming up- bachelorette party at Hampton Beach. Lots of things happening, most of which i can't partake in, including the exotic dancing class.... oh well. Looks like I will have to sit on the sidelines... but I am getting used to it. Nobody wants to see Gimpy McGoo try and dance like a stripper. It would not be a pretty sight.



No comments:

Post a Comment